Thursday, January 12, 2012

To Marathon or Not?

I have been tossing the idea of running a marathon around in my head since before Layla was born.  I was really into running before we got pregnant and was planning on running a ton of halfs, until that stick had two lines (TMI?)

Now, running has become my escape, my passion, my "me" time when no one can bother me. I have been constantly looking at others running blogs and have become so inspired by the marathon distance.  However, probably like most runners, I am scared to sign up, could I do it without dying, passing out, throwing up, pooping my pants???

26.2 miles is a long way to run, but I can only imagine the feeling of accomplishment after that run. I have only ever completed one half marathon, two 10-Ks, and several 5k's.  I can easily run 12 miles right now, the thought of doubling that seems crazy to me right now.

But, I have decided to at least give it a go. What is the worst that could happen (except maybe pooping my pants, check out this link for a good laugh and you will know what I am talking about)? I would love to hear of your experiences, advice, tips whatever, whether you have run a full, thinking about it, or just run in 5ks.

No comments:

Post a Comment